Renaming a shared library in the port-framework to match FreeBSD naming schemes?

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 19 11:32:29 UTC 2010

Hello.
Trying to do my first port and run into trouble.
The software package (Xerces-c 3.1.1) comes with a full autotoll
environment and so far building and installing works.

But the libarary name is "libxerces-c-3.1.so" and I need to change this
to respect the FreeBSD nameing schemes to "libxerces-c.so.31". I'm
looking for a way avoiding some "post-install:" stuff.

Is it possible to manipulate the library name via some variables passed
through the port-framework to the build-enviroment?

Well, I'm very new to porting and this may seem to be a very easy task
for experienced porters, so please excuse possible bothering ...

Thanks in advance,

Oliver