Mk/bsd.command.mk: missing CSH tag

Eir Nym eirnym at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:09:17 UTC 2010

On 18 November 2010 21:00, Rob Farmer <rfarmer at predatorlabs.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 09:25, Eir Nym <eirnym at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Firstly, it is optional part.
>
> You didn't answer my question:
>
> .if exists(/bin/csh)
> CSH?=   /bin/csh
> .else
> CSH?=   # What goes here?
> .endif

nope, only CSH?= /bin/csh without any other checks.

Port should check if ${CSH} is exits in the system.
And there no replacement in ports tree for this.

And this variable can be in Makefile for port because it is uncommon.

> And I'm aware it can be dropped using a knob. But I don't think port
> maintainers should be expected to support anything other than a full
> base system. This port needs csh, so it will fail if you don't have
> csh.
>
>> and I can rewrite build script to
>> make(1) or at least shell script
>
> Ok, great. But you are still basically saying that certain base system
> utilities should be off limits because you have chosen to remove them
> from your system.

If you want, you can remove tcsh(1) from your system using
WITHOUT_TCSH in src.conf(5) with rebuilding system, and then removing
obsolete files.