xorg-server 1.7.7

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon Nov 15 08:47:17 UTC 2010

on 14/11/2010 21:06 Peter Jeremy said the following:
> On 2010-Nov-13 21:35:29 +0200, Andriy Gapon <avg at icyb.net.ua> wrote:
>> I think that you refer to upgrades of the "Xorg bundle" as a whole.
>> Not sure if we've had any problems like that when upgrading between minor
>> versions of a single module, even such as xorg server.
>
> Looking back through my gripe list, apart from the general X11 build
> system regressions going from 6.9 to 7.0 (reducing portability and
> roughly doubling the overall build time), _all_ of the regressions,
> POLA violations and general breakage I have run into have been related
> to the X server (though some may be DRI/DRM and input/output device).

Actually, now even I can recall my confusion with (1) change of default
background in root window from the pattern to black; (2) adding dependency on
hald and all that came along by default.
But I believe that things like that do not happen between minor releases.

Anyway, more incentive for all to do testing in advance.

--
Andriy Gapon