[CFT] mplayer / mencoder port update

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Thu Nov 11 00:21:02 UTC 2010

Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have prepared a recent mplayer snapshot for a possible update for
> mplayer and mencoder ports.
> You can find the tarball here:
>
> http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20101106.tar.bz2

The default lavf demuxer is still broken for Ogg streams.

Try this:
$ mplayer http://icecast.version6.net:8888/okul.ogg

It will usually work for the first song, but at the transition
between songs it will stop and just continue to complain
"Cache not filling!".

A workaround is to use -demuxer ogg.
(This has the side effect of causing the ffvorbis decoder to choke
on a partial packet and a fall-through to the next Vorbis decoder
in line, tremor in our case.  Sigh.)

I don't expect the port to deal with this, I'm mentioning it in the
hope of generating some backpressure on upstream to finally fix
this.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de