doxygen font error

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Wed Nov 10 03:46:27 UTC 2010

On 11/09/10 17:30, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Sorry for the confusion...
>
> Doxygen is giving me a lot of these:
> Error: Error: Could not find/open font
>

> Digging a bit, I found that it calls dot:
>
> %dot -v foo.dot -Tps -o foo.eps
> dot - graphviz version 2.26.3 (20100126.1600)
> Activated plugin library: libgvplugin_gd.so.6
> Using textlayout: textlayout:gd
> Activated plugin library: libgvplugin_dot_layout.so.6
> Using layout: dot:dot_layout
> Activated plugin library: libgvplugin_core.so.6
> Using render: ps:core
> Using device: ps:ps:core
> The plugin configuration file:
> /usr/local/lib/graphviz/config6
> was successfully loaded.
> render : dot fig gd map ps svg tk vml vrml xdot
> layout : circo dot fdp neato nop nop1 nop2 osage patchwork sfdp twopi
> textlayout : textlayout
> device : canon cmap cmapx cmapx_np dot eps fig gd gd2 gif gv imap
> imap_np ismap jpe j
> loadimage : (lib) eps gd gd2 gif jpe jpeg jpg png ps svg
> Error: Could not find/open font
> fontname: "FreeSans.ttf" resolved to: [internal times]
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> Error: Could not find/open font
> network simplex: 10 nodes 9 edges maxiter=2147483647 balance=1
> network simplex: 10 nodes 9 edges 0 iter 0.00 sec
> mincross: pass 0 iter 0 trying 0 cur_cross 0 best_cross 0
> mincross G: 0 crossings, 0.00 secs.
> network simplex: 19 nodes 26 edges maxiter=2147483647 balance=2
> network simplex: 19 nodes 26 edges 4 iter 0.00 sec
> routesplines: 9 edges, 27 boxes 0.00 sec
> Using render: ps:core
> Using device: ps:ps:core
>

> First strangeness is that dot belongs to graphics/graphviz, but doxygen
> doesn't depend on that (seen with pkg_info and make
> pretty-print-run-depends-list).
> Is this my fault in any way? Is it a bug in the port?

As the maintainer of the port, I can tell you that doxygen depends on
graphics/graphviz only if NOPORTDOCS is not defined.  Did you have NOPORTDOCS
defined?  If so, I might have to make it so graphviz is required regardless.

> Second: in fact I have:
> # locate FreeSans.ttf
> /usr/local/share/vlc/skins2/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
> # pkg_which /usr/local/share/vlc/skins2/fonts/FreeSans.ttf
> vlc-1.1.4_2,3
>
> Of course neither doxygen, nor graphviz depend on vlc...
> Should they?
> Am I missing some other port?

 From a scan of the ports tree, there are many ports which have a FreeSans.ttf
as part of their pkg-plist.  However, looking at the docs that come with
Doxygen, it appears that Doxygen itself should be generating that file for use
with dot.  As I have only taken up maintainership of the port and do not develop
Doxygen, this may be something to bring up with the Doxygen developers.  A quick
glance at the code shows that it should be creating that, however.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat