[CFT] mplayer / mencoder port update

Anonymous swell.k at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:18:14 UTC 2010

Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have prepared a recent mplayer snapshot for a possible update for
> mplayer and mencoder ports.
> You can find the tarball here:
>
> http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20101106.tar.bz2
>
> Since I had to tweak it on several occasions to get it to build and I
> have tested it only on amd64 so far, please test whether it builds and
> works as intended for you. Of course, I appreciate any form of
> constructive feedback.

Can you include ariff's patch for VPC (Volume Per Channel)?

  http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/ports/multimedia_mplayer/patch-xzz
  http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=29564&postcount=31

I've been using it for about a year and it *works* unlike
the one in uoti's repo.

  http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git/commitdiff/91d0d3a

Also, did you miss -ac mpg123 with previous update intentionally?
It decodes faster than -ac mp3lib on my 2yo amd64 box.