ports licenses

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Sun May 30 21:29:47 UTC 2010

On Sun 30 May 2010 at 13:20:55 PDT Rene Ladan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>While adding license information to my ports (to be committed), I
>stumbled upon the following:

Is this something all maintainers should be doing?

Yesterday, while upgrading my installed ports, I noticed a message in
the output about LICENSE not being defined.  I also see that there's now
a bsd.licenses.mk and a bsd.licenses.db.mk in /usr/ports/Mk.  I don't
recall seeing those before, and don't know how long they've been there.
Anyway, it looks like we're going ahead with this infrastructure, and I
think that's a good thing.

What actions do you need from me as a maintainer?