new upstream tracker (linuxtesting.org)

Andrey Ponomarenko susanin at ispras.ru
Tue May 25 06:38:39 UTC 2010

On 05/22/2010 05:21 PM, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 05:12:10PM +0400, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:

>>> WOW. Can you, please, share the setup of the tracker ?
>>>

>> The tool itself is very young and is not well documented yet. Although
>> the first version has been recently released under dual GNU GPL and LGPL
>> licenses:
>> http://ispras.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Upstream_Tracker
>> We are not recommended to use this version of the tool by yourself. Very
>> soon we will release 1.1 version containing a lot of bug fixes and new
>> features.
>>

>>> It would be amazingly interesting if you added FreeBSD base system
>>> libraries to the tracker.
>>>
>> Provide, please, the list of necessary libraries.
>>
> Having libc.so, libthr.so, libm.so, libgcc_s.so, libstdc++.so, libz.so
> from the specified versions under the monitor would be very nice start.

I know libc.so and libm.so are from GLIBC library, libgcc_s.so and
libstdc++.so are from GCC.
Where can I find sources of libthr.so? The entry point for the library
in the tracker is the package with source code or at least repository
module address.

libz.so is already added at
http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/versions/zlib.html

> The ABI definition for the base system is currently under discussion,
> we may provide more authoritative list for the libraries that would
> be useful to monitor.

You are welcome. References to the source code of libraries will be very
helpful.

> Also, I suppose the project may put together some resources to set up
> the local tracker. If you are interested in helping us with this,
> I will proceed further.

Upstream-Tracker is built on top of two basic components:
ABI-Compliance-Checker and API-Sanity-Autotest. For creating of your
local tracker the ABI-Compliance-Checker tool may be used. It is a tool
for checking two particular versions of a library for ABI compliance:
http://ispras.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker
This tool is well tested and documented.