Users and groups kept after a port deinstallation

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 23 17:59:13 UTC 2010

On 05/23/10 09:24, jhell wrote:

> That shouldn't actually be to hard. If a utility like the three main
> upgrade tools that are being used the most right now would export a
> variable for say "UPGRADING=yes" then the uninstall script could check
> against that to decide whether or not the port is being removed or
> upgraded and make the proper decision while alerting the admin to whats
> going on.

The previous author of portupgrade and I agreed on the following
variables to be set in our tools:
UPGRADE_TOOL=portmaster
UPGRADE_PORT=<name of port with version>
UPGRADE_PORT_VER=`echo $UPGRADE_PORT | sed 's#.*-\(.*\)#\1#'`

The last 2 are not set if this is a new install.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads