ccache 3.0 port

Sahil Tandon sahil at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 11 02:52:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Alberto Villa wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2010 03:37:01 Sahil Tandon wrote:
> > Regarding portlint's FATAL output, please review Package Naming
> > Conventions in the Handbook. Specifically, "If the software version has
> > strings like ``alpha'', ``beta'', ``rc'', or ``pre'', take the first
> > letter and put it immediately after a period."  So you could try
> > sometihng like:
> >
> >  PORTVERSION=	3.0.p1
> >  DISTNAME=	${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION:S/.p/pre/}
>
> DISTVERSION=	3.0pre1
> is shorter and cleaner

I appreciate the brevity, but this requires adjustment with every
PORTVERSION change.  I prefer a solution that requires one less (albeit
simple) manual step; perhaps some sed-fu in DISTVERSION if the DISTNAME
example is aesthetically unpalatable. TMTOWTDI. :-)

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>