ccache 3.0 port

Sahil Tandon sahil at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 11 01:37:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 10 May 2010, Christer Edwards wrote:

> but I'm running into complaints from portlint that I'm not sure how to
> address.
>
> I am eager to learn and I'm happy to dedicate the time to put this
> together, if someone doesn't mind offering advice on getting it to
> pass portlint's critical eye.

 % portlint -a
 WARN: Makefile: only one MASTER_SITE configured.  Consider adding additional mirrors.
 FATAL: Makefile: PORTVERSION looks illegal. You should modify "3.0pre1".

The first one can be ignored if there are truly no other mirrors, but we
know there are. :) You could enumerate them or use MASTER_SITE_SAMBA;
the following is untested and might have unintended consequences, so
please review the appropriate Mk files and proceed with caution.  You
might also think of a more succinct solution.

 MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_SAMBA:S|/samba||}
 MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     ${PORTNAME}

Regarding portlint's FATAL output, please review Package Naming
Conventions in the Handbook. Specifically, "If the software version has
strings like ``alpha'', ``beta'', ``rc'', or ``pre'', take the first
letter and put it immediately after a period."  So you could try
sometihng like:

 PORTVERSION=	3.0.p1
 DISTNAME=	${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION:S/.p/pre/}

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>