syslog-ng3 fixes and fixes
pczanik at fang.fa.gau.hu
Wed May 5 09:53:01 UTC 2010
Attached is a diff, which updates the port to syslog-ng version 3.1.1,
adds new features and fixes a number of bugs:
- using options now actually works (had to change to use .include
- compiling SSL works (only with openssl from ports, as ssl in base
system does not provide pkg-config files, which configure looks for...)
- all features can be switched from options menu
- added database support
They worked for me, but I don't have yet long experience in FreeBSD port
maintenance. Please test my patches and commit them.
3.1 brings a number of bugfixes compared to 3.0 and some new features.
Here is a list from the ChangeLog:
* Support for patterndb v2 and v3 format, along with a bunch of new
parsers: ANYSTRING, IPv6, IPvANY and FLOAT.
* Added a new "pdbtool" utility to manage patterndb files: convert
them from v1 or v2 format, merge mulitple patterndb files into one
and look up matching patterns given a specific message.
* Support for message tags: tags can be assigned to log messages as
they enter syslog-ng: either by the source driver or via patterndb.
Later it these tags can be used for efficient filtering.
* Added support for rewriting structured data.
* Macros and name-value pairs got a little tighter integration,
in filters where syslog-ng 3.0 was limited to only use name-value
pairs, with 3.1 you can also use macros.
* Enhanced dynamic name-value performance by a factor of three.
* Some parsers got additional features: NUMBER is now able to parse
hexadecimal numbers, ESTRING is now able to search for multiple
characters as the end of the string.
* Added non-standard and non-portable facility codes (range 10-15),
decouple syslog-ng facility name information from the system used
to compile syslog-ng on.
* Added pcre support in the binary packages of syslog-ng.
An updated administrator's guide is available on the BalaBit
documentation page at:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4018 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/attachments/20100505/193b32f0/syslog-ng3_30_to_31.bin
More information about the freebsd-ports