Grandfather dependencies completely out of control

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Sun May 2 22:28:06 UTC 2010

On 5/2/10 5:19 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 05/02/10 03:21, Koop Mast wrote:
>> One of the scripts provided by devel/glib20 is a perl script. That is the reason why
>> we need perl.
>
> Thanks for the response, couple things come to mind. First, how  many
> things actually make use of those perl/python scripts? If the number is
> small they should probably be OPTIONS that default to off, or slave
> ports as Thomas suggested.

The script (glib-mkenums) is actually very important to almost all ports
which depend on glib.  Yes, what Thomas suggested could be done with
some considerable work.  What might be better is to have someone versed
in shell scripting translate this script to sh.  I think the GNOME guys
would be fine to accept that.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke