portmaster 2.23, missing ORGIN

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Sat May 1 20:42:40 UTC 2010

Peter Jeremy-6 wrote:

> Have you switched from portupgrade and not deleted the associated metadata
> files?  You should not have a port named pkgdb.db so it is not surprising
> that /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db/+CONTENTS would not have an ORIGIN.

Thanks for help.

Indeed file is from portupgrade and quite stale too. I should check it's
content before assuming it's used by portmaster.

What  fooled me is that earlier portmaster versions didn't complain
about this file and I thought portupgrade would delete it's database
upon deinstall (which can be preferred behaviour as we see).

I should add that this warning didn't stop portmaster from working.

best regards,
-Jakub Lach