[Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

Tijl Coosemans tijl at coosemans.org
Sun Mar 21 19:55:37 UTC 2010

On Sunday 21 March 2010 18:16:05 Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> About the problems with xfce 4.6.1 and Xorg 7.5
> Further "evidence" that the problen is somehow connected to
> xfce4-session;
> 1) I deinstalled xfce4-sessioin
> 2) I can now use 'startxfce4' again, so far without any problems. It
> works both as root and as my normal user.
>
> As before, I am using the 'vesa' driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
> Anything else I should test?

Since several other people have already reported success with xfce, I
suspect something went wrong during the Xorg upgrade on your machine.
Some port(s) might have been built with old headers, old libraries or
linked with both old and new libraries. If you don't want to spend any
time trying to figure out the exact cause, the one sure-fire way to
resolve this is to delete all your packages, then delete everything
under /usr/local (backup what you still need!) and reinstall
everything. If you do want to figure it out you could look at the
output of "ldd /usr/local/bin/xfce4-session" and see if it links to
different versions of the same library.