ntfsprogs

Samuel Martín Moro faust64 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 10:23:01 UTC 2010

Hi.

I made two patches for ntfsprogs.
(and btw, I don't know: who's the port mainter? who should I give these
patches?)

The first one, in libntfs/device.c, adding the correct defines, to get the
device geometry.
The second one, in ntfsprogs/mkntfs.c, managing character (previously
block)devices.

Also, the second patch correct an infinite loop, when linking to libublio
(and/or its 'bad' use in ntfsprogs):

Indeed, using UBLIO_BLOCK_SIZE 262144 may work while working on the entire
device.
But while working on parts, it may be better to use sector_per_track *
sector_size (or something like that...).
Otherwise, ublio try to read after the end of the drive.

With these patches, mkntfs is correctly working without ublio.
And it quite works with ublio (ask for a chkdsk under windows to make the
end boot, only if partitionning disk, but I guess one can run
UBLIO_BLOCK_SIZE=`expr 63 '*' 255` mkntfs $dev to avoid troubles).

there's still an other problem I did'nt fix yet:
a chkdsk under windows, after formatting with mkntfs, says there's a bad
$UpCase file.
Indeed, a few differences between the two versions...
I'll post the next patch when I'll have time to work on it.

Samuel Martín Moro
{EPITECH.} tek4
CamTrace S.A.S
sorry for my english...