Ports Crash Report (hplip-3.9.8)

USM Bish usmbish at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 14:53:02 UTC 2010

Hi Guys !

A ports build crash report ... My system:

bish at pcbsd-8510$ uname -a
FreeBSD pcbsd-8510 8.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 #4: Thu Jan  7
09:20:42 PST 2010 \
root at build8x32.pcbsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/pcbsd-build80/fbsd-source/8.0-src/sys/PCBSD
i386
bish at pcbsd-8510$

Hope the attachment, helps in ironing out the issue:
It halted at configure itself, and not at make.

I was doing a 'portmaster -a' upgrade

<snip>

...(lots snipped) ...
checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... yes
checking for snmp_timeout in -lnetsnmp... no
checking for snmp_timeout in -lsnmp... no
configure: error: cannot find net/ucd-snmp support (or
--disable-network-build)
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ports at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/print/hplip3/work/hplip-3.9.8/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/hplip3.
*** Error code 1

</snip>

As requested above, following files attached:

1. 8247 bytes hplip-3.9.8-config.log.gz
2. 6320 bytes var.db.pkg.gz

Do let me know if anything else is needed ...

You guys are doing a brilliant job. As a part of the user community
this is the least I can do to appreciate your effort

Bish

PS: I would be doing a '--disable-network-build' and hope that
things build from there on ;-)