editors/joe + textproc/aspell: dependency problem?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Mar 8 11:50:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just csupped fresh ports on a new stable/8 box, installed
textproc/aspell-without-dicten (i.e. with WITHOUT_DICTEN=YES)
and then proceeded to install editors/joe.  Both installed
successfully, as far as I can tell.  There were no error
messages, and joe seems to work fine.  But ...

joe has a dependency on aspell (both build dependency _and_
run dependency), so I expected it to be recorded in the
package database.  But it isn't.  pkg_info -r joe\* and
pkg_info -R aspell\* don't report this dependency.

While building joe, it _does_ display that it depends on
aspell, and it correctly reports it as "found".  It also
depends in libiconv, which _is_ correctly recorded in the
package database.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug somewhere?

Best regards
   Oliver

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.  However, this
is not necessarily a good idea.  It is hard to be sure where
they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting
under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925