posix test suite port source code

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 20:23:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Greg Larkin <glarkin at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Dave Abel wrote:
>> Any idea how I can get my hands on the posix test suite port source code? It is not avaiable via their website currently. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Is there a method by which I can access the source code of ports through FreeBSD? I am currently running FreeBSD 8.0 as a Guest OS on VMware player (host is win 7).
>> Thanks!
>> Dave
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> You can download the source code tarball here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/posixtest/files/
>
> Whenever you want to fetch the distfile for a FreeBSD port, just cd into
> the port directory and type:
>
> make fetch
>
> e.g.:
>
> cd /usr/ports/misc/posixtestsuite && make fetch
>
> Most ports will fetch their distfile into /usr/ports/distfiles (or a
> subdir of that), except for certain tools that require a manual download.

    Hang tight for another couple of weeks. I'm cleaning up the open
posix testsuite from within the LTP (sf.net/projects/ltp) repository
(I have to merge over some of their changes), and once that's done
I'll see about backporting bits (if the maintainers are still
around..) and/or publishing a revised copy that _is_ more POSIX
compliant as the testsuite as-is has a number of bash'isms,
gmake'isms, and Linux'isms.
    Some work needs to be done to bring the tests up to spec and sort
out all of the XOPEN/XSI extensions.
Thanks,
-Garrett