nvidia-driver 256.35 released

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 23 03:43:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:30:54PM -0500, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> 2010/6/22 Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe at freebsd.org>:
> >>
> >> and these files don't exist any longer:
> >> pkg_info: /compat/linux/usr/lib/libnvidia-glcore.so.1 doesn't exist
> >> pkg_info: /compat/linux/usr/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1 doesn't exist
> >
> > Sure, I will take care of plist issues upon the upgrade.  What is more
> > important right now is driver stability issues people had been having.
> > I must rely on other people testing since I was not able to reproduce
> > most of them in my local environment.
>
> So what exactly do I have to do to test this?
> in the Makefile just
>
> -DISTVERSION?=   195.36.24
> +DISTVERSION?=   256.35

I would suggest to start with 195.36.31, as 256.xx are early betas.
Ideally, I want a stable version in 195.36.yy series before start
looking at upcoming 256 ones.

> make makesum && make deinstall && make install
>
> or will I have to change the plist somewhere

Yes, plist changes are required to make the port deinstall itself
cleanly.  It won't affect driver stability in any way though.  :-)

./danfe