mail/thunderbird3 does not build with gcc 4.5.1

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:25:07 UTC 2010

Doug Barton wrote:
>On to the next victim. :)  In my ongoing campaign to build my ports with
>gcc 4.5.1 thunderbird was the next to fall. Full log is at
>http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/tbird.txt

Before you embark on this campaign, remember that others have been
experimenting with building ports with later versions of gcc for
months or even years now, and there are suggestions on how to solve
some of the problems that arise in the FreeBSD forums and in the open
PRs.  This particular set of problems can probably be solved via
patches similar to those in:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/142736

where some other mozilla ports are discussed.

b.