portmaster: problem with --packages-build?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 11 20:45:30 UTC 2010

On 06/11/10 10:52, Alberto Villa wrote:
> hi doug and list!
> while upgrading libogg and libao (portmaster -x virtualbox -Rr libogg
> libao) i've seen that some ports, which were already installed, got
> reinstalled with a package. they're build dependencies of a port which
> was upgraded, but they're also run dependencies of another one,

The "build-only"ness of a port is calculated per portmaster run, so your
results are not unexpected, even if they are not desirable.

What needs to be done is to add code that tests whether ports marked
build only for a given portmaster run are also listed as dependencies in
an already installed port, but that's a non-trivial issue and my time
right now is dominated by trying to find work, which unfortunately
leaves little time available for portmaster hacking.

My only suggestion (which admittedly is inadequate) is to apply the
--delete-build-only knob on a case by case basis rather than having it
in portmaster.rc.

hth,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads