Can someone explain this? (portupgrade of textproc/p5-Perl-Critic

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 10 01:36:20 UTC 2010

09.06.2010 19:54, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> First it checks for prereqs and finds them all. Then it checks for
> prereqs and says they're missing. Then it generates three stops due to
> errors, and at the end it says the upgrade was successful??? WTF???
>
> And it *is not* installed. I'm still working to get all the prereqs
> installed, even though they already were. What exactly is the problem
> with this port?

Unfortunately sometimes portupgrade can't detect some failures (failures
for portupgrade is any output to stderr). As I can remember it has
happened after one of ruby updates. I could not find a reason for this
behaviour.

--
Semy.