Direct or indirect libdependencies (using the libintl.so.8 case)

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 8 07:34:03 UTC 2010

Alexander Leidinger ha scritto:
>> How hard is it? What prevents us in doing it? Later we modify libtool
>> upstream, later we could switch to record only direct dependencies.
>
> You should talk with the libtool maintainer about libtool.

Ah, you were all waiting for me to talk to libtool maintainer, you could
tell me before :-)

> Regarding the pkg-config stuff: you just have to determine which libs
> are direct and which are indirect deps for a specific port, move the
> indirect one into Libs.private, and then convince the upstream
> maintainers to pick up this change.

These are all "simple" steps. You haven't answered to "What prevents us
in doing it?" If we haven't already done it, I bet there is a reason.

--
Alex Dupre