Manually registering dependencies for ports

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 7 00:53:29 UTC 2010

On 06/06/10 17:41, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> Well, in my mind, when I sent the message, I was somewhat sure it would
> work, at least that it would pass some kind of quick test.

In other words, you guessed, and your guess was wrong.

FWIW, I had the same thought in mind when I got ready to reply to the
OP, but when I tested it, I found out that it didn't work, which is why
I posted what I did.

> Furthermore, I really don't see the harm in sending out suggestions

I explained that. If you don't agree with my explanation, and/or you
feel that your time is so much more valuable than all of the other
thousands of people on the list that you can't be bothered to test your
"suggestions" before you send them out, so be it.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads