Torrentflux and Zabbix Apache Include files??

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 6 19:46:24 UTC 2010

On 06/06/10 07:20, Kaya Saman wrote:
> The only thing I don't get with FreeBSD ports is why there aren't
> template files for doing things like this, as people like me with not
> much experience in the FreeBSD world have to really struggle.

So first of all, welcome to the FreeBSD world. :)

By default our ports system does not install things in /opt, our default
installation path for 3rd party software is /usr/local.  So in regards
to your question, most ports do actually come with sample configuration
files, which can usually be found in /usr/local/etc/.

If you install a port or package and you aren't sure where it installed
the files you can do (for exapmle) 'pkg_info -L torrentflux*' and it
will print the list for you.

There is no question that there is a learning curve when moving from one
platform to another, but a lot of us have administered both FreeBSD and
Linux systems so if you have questions, just ask.

hope this helps,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads