devel/gettext further update

Fri Jun 4 07:21:11 UTC 2010

Quoting Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> (from Thu, 03 Jun 2010
11:29:01 -0700):

> On 06/03/10 05:39, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Am 03.06.2010 13:30, schrieb Andrey Chernov:
>>
>>> security/libksba
>>> security/libgcrypt
>>> (they use libgpg-error)
>
> So libgpg-error needs to be bumped, but why do things that don't
> like directly with gettext need it? One of the major benefits of
> shared libraries is to avoid pointless recompiling.

The reason (for those interested) is explained here:
http://www.leidinger.net/blog/2010/06/03/direct-indirect-and-explicit-dependencies-in-progamsports/

Bye,
Alexander.

--
	A musical reviewer admitted he always praised the first show of a
new theatrical season.  "Who am I to stone the first cast?"