How to know which version of an apps available in various FreeBSD release?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:20:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Tao Wang <dancefire at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm doing a survey about the availablilty of some packages in
> > different platform, including FreeBSD release. I want to know whether
> > the package is existed in the specific FreeBSD release, and which
> > version it is? I found: http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ , however, it
> > is only against -STABLE or -CURRENT. I also need to know the
> > information on previous release. How to do it? Thanks.
>
> All the information you need is available in INDEX:
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX-8.bz2
>
> Emanuel

I'm not quite sure, does that file only contain the package version info for
FreeBSD release 8? or it also contains the version info for other releases?

I also need the package availability information on previous release, such
as, what the version of package 'A' on FreeBSD 6.2 and FreeBSD 7.0. So, the
linked file seems only contains information for FreeBSD 8.0, am I wrong?

--
Regards

Tao Wang