CFT: New version of portmaster in svn

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 27 10:19:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, b. f. wrote:

> I also found it to be a problem that one didn't have the choice of
> keeping distfiles that belonged to uninstalled ports, but were not
> stale.  Fortunately, besides 'portsclean -D' from
> ports-mgmt/portupgrade*, there is also sobomax@'s convenient shell
> script,  ports/Tools/scripts/distclean.sh, which fills this niche and
> uses only base system utilities.

... I guess you didn't read all the way down in the thread? I added the
feature, 'portmaster -t --clean-distfiles[-all]' will take care of it.

BTW, I've had very close to zero response to my request for testers, and
while I appreciate the fact that everyone has great confidence in me,
*I* would feel a lot better if more people gave this a look. :)

One way or another I'm hoping to commit to the ports tree before the
weekend.

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso