Inverting OPTIONS (Was: Re: cvs commit: ports/net-im/libpurple Makefile distinfo)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 26 20:30:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Emanuel Haupt wrote:

> Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> ports/net-im/libpurple/files/patch-libpurple_protocols_oscar_oscar.c
>> has been added to the latest version, so the patch is no longer
>> needed.
>
> Also, the PLIST is broken if the PERL option is specified:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/buildlogs/libpurple-2.7.2.log
>
> Maybe from time to time a QAT exp run with inverted OPTIONS values
> would be revealing.

As I said on IRC yesterday, there is no reason to expect that simply
inverting OPTIONS would work. A lot of OPTIONS are not binary, and the
defaults are chose to work together, often in harmony with the
dependencies that they trigger.

Put another way, it does not logically follow that if "A, B, and !C"
works that "!A, !B, and C" would also work.

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso