Problems with sysutils/screen (GNU Screen)

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 23 19:46:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Scott Sanbeg <ssanbeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> /etc/termcap is symlinked to /usr/share/misc/termcap, which if not available
> during your session (singer-user mode, for instance), produces that exact
> type of error message. Test if the termcap db is actually available.

It is; further, I will observe that unsetting the TERMCAP environment
variable makes it work in an interactive shell window, but when I use
the "screen {command}" functionality it fails (and I can't get logging
to work to find out what error I'm actually getting; the window closes
too fast for me to see the error).

Thanks,
Jim