How do I solve this WRKDIR problem?

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 22:44:45 UTC 2010

--On Thursday, July 22, 2010 18:00:32 -0400 Greg Larkin <glarkin at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> I'm trying to update the devel/byaccj port, which I maintain.  The new
>> version has made some subtle changes in naming, which have thrown me for
>> a loop;
>>
>> PORTNAME=  byaccj
>> PORTVERSION=  1.15
>> DISTFILES= byaccj1.15_src.tar.gz
>>
>> WRKDIR is work/byaccj1.15 when the files are extracted.
>>
>> If I don't define WRKSRC, it's byaccj-1.15.  If I define it as
>> ${PORTNAME}${PORTVERSION}, it's still byaccj-1.15.  Hardcoding it
>> doesn't seem like the right answer, but what is?
>>

> Hi Paul,
>
> I didn't have a problem downloading the 1.15 distfile from SF (ref: your
> other message) nor setting WRKSRC to the correct value.  Please check my
> Makefile diff here, and let me know if it works for you or not.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~glarkin/diffs/byaccj-Makefile.diff
>
> The build immediately fails, though, because the distro Makefile has
> some MacOSX-specific stuff in it.  I presume that's what you're working
> on fixing in the port update.

Thanks to your help I spotted my error and fixed it.  I'm about ready to submit
the update.  It's amazing how often I can look at something and not see it.  :-(

The Sourceforge situation is a mess, though.  I'm going to have to wait for
that to get fixed in the macros before I can proceed with afterglow.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst