[new port] usage of shar command

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 20 20:44:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> The major problems with backticks is that they tend to be inconspicuous
> (and easily confused with bits of dust or fly-droppings) and are often
> difficult to distinguish from quotes.
>
> Rather than write "`find port_dir` (note the backticks)", IMO, it is
> far easier to write $(find port_dir) - which is syntactically the
> same but visually more obvious.

That's a fair point. Do you think that the text as it currently exists
is sufficiently clear, or do you think that it still needs the
modification you're suggesting? I'm happy to make the change (or someone
else can if they so desire) if that's what people thing is the right way
to go.

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso