Tracking port updates

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 19 20:13:06 UTC 2010

On 07/19/10 02:09, Paul Macdonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to keep track of which ports were updated, when they were
> updated and versions affected.
>
> I can't see anything in the ports tree, but before i rolled my own
> thought i'd check to see how other people did this?

<plug type="shameless">Portmaster outputs a little summary of what it
did at the end of each run, for a simple log of what changed when you
could copy and paste that into a text file.</plug>

It would be theoretically possible to add support for something more
robust than that, but I don't anticipate having time for it any time
soon, I currently have a bunch of stuff that I'm trying to wrap up,
including some portmaster tweaks in other areas.

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso