OPTIONS and dynamic PKGNAMPREFIX, e.g. {APACHE, PYTHON, ETC}_PKGNAMEPREFIX (Was: ports/148637 ...)

Anonymous swell.k at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 20:05:39 UTC 2010

Christopher Key <cjk32 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

>  A crude survey shows several ports with this problem, listed below.
> There appear to be three different solutions used in other ports:
> explicitly setting OPTIONSFILE, explicitly setting UNIQUENAME, and
> explicitly setting LATEST_LINK.  If you can suggest which is the
> preferred solution, I'll put together a patch.

They all are workarounds. OPTIONSFILE should be defined *after*
including bsd.{apache,python,etc}.mk so that user can have different
options for different versions of apache/python/etc[1]. Same is true for
UNIQUENAME but it has users under Mk/ directory
(bsd.{databases,tcl}.mk), so it should be defined before them.

I don't know what workaround is preferred but I'd suggest
UNIQUENAME. It's easier to type and has same dependency on
PKGNAMEPREFIX.

[1] For www/mod_musicindex it would be
      /var/db/ports/ap20-mod_musicindex/options
      /var/db/ports/ap22-mod_musicindex/options

   You can't install into same PREFIX because its DATADIR is not apache
   version dependant. But many python ports work fine with same PREFIX.