[new port] usage of shar command

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:27:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:17:38 -0700
Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> In any case, thanks for expressing your confusion, it's actually
> really helpful to get information from the perspective of a new user.

I wonder how many new users have read the bugs section of the shar man
page, and know how to check such files for malicious script lines.
That's not much of an issue for ports submission, but people are
routinely posting these files in the mailing lists.

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd that in 2010 we're still using
executable scripts to distribute text files?