tomcat 7

joris dedieu joris.dedieu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:11:26 UTC 2010

2010/7/12 Alex Dupre <ale at freebsd.org>:
> Mike Jakubik ha scritto:
>> Thanks for the port. It looks like you droped support for the
>> tomcat60_user variable (which user to run tomcat as), this is quite
>> useful here. Any particular reason for this?
>
> To simplify the port and because it's common in FreeBSD that web servers
> use the www user. Is there a reason because apache should use the www
> user, while tomcat should let the user choose?
In apache you can set user and group directives on the config file.
I do not think you can do so with tomcat. So tomcat_user is a facility
to thoses
who like to have a single daemon per user (or a single user per daemon :)

If you decide to keep it has it, you may change hard coded www with
WWWOWN and WWWGRP
has recommended in porters handbook

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/using-php.html#WEB-APPS
Joris