PR Load Solutions

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Jul 11 04:55:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 06:46:36AM -0700, Jesse Smith wrote:
>I would be happy to take over maintaining those to ease the load.

OK, we always welcome help :-)  If you need help submitting PRs, let
us know.

> Veteran maintainers might not like the idea of new blood having commit
> access, which is understandable, but I'd like to help out.

The issue isn't about "not liking" -- it's more of a question of trust.
We're asking our users to trust that the ports come from known places
and have been through at least some kind of QA.  To do that, we've set
up a minimum threshhold to get commit access (a track record with filed
PRs; some demonstrated ability to work with user questions; and so forth).

It's actually not that difficult, in general, to wind up with a ports
commit bit.

mcl