Solutions for the PR load problem

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Fri Jul 9 17:27:07 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 18:26, Chris Rees wrote:
> I think the people you describe as 'experienced' maintainers tend to be made
> committers anyway, or that's as far as I know.

What gives you that impression? ~180 committers that have been
active within the last 12 months (as in at least one commit), are
currently pitted against 915 open PRs. ~80 committers perform
more than 1 commit per week.

Of 440 committers the top 20 do more than 60% of the work.

The ports tree currently has more than 1700 maintainers. A small
number considering that they maintain almost 22000 ports, but
still there ought to be some potential to lift some of that burden
from the committers.

Sources:
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/ports.window.txt
/usr/ports