Solutions for the PR load problem

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:26:34 UTC 2010

I think the people you describe as 'experienced' maintainers tend to be made
committers anyway, or that's as far as I know. There's little to be gained
by putting another rank of responsibility in, especially when a commit to
any port can cause huge wreckage; INDEX building, circular dependencies etc.

This is why only committers have commit access, as I see it.

--------

Sorry for top-posting, Android won't let me quote. There's a bug report on
it!