Virtualbox consuming wcpu

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Tue Jul 6 16:53:24 UTC 2010

I recently upgraded to the new port version of virtualbox - 3.2.6.  After
completing the upgrade, I'm seeing a massive amount of wcpu consumption (145%)
with virtualbox when I use the vm to rdp to a different windows box.  As long
as I'm not using rdp, it works fine.  When I first start the rdp, wcpu is fine,
but it increases over time (20-30 minutes) until it's consuming cpu to the
point where the host becomes very sluggish.

Has anyone else experienced this?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst