FreeBSD Port: portmaster-2.17 (on console)

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Wed Jan 27 07:05:10 UTC 2010

On 2010-Jan-27 16:11:40 +1100, John Marshall <john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au> wrote:
>On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, 10:54 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
>> Someone else reported another (cosmetic) bug in the "prompt before
>> building" feature today as well, so I'm going to try and get a bugfix
>> version out ASAP, but that may not be until tomorrow since I have some
>> real life responsibilities today. I'll do my best though ....

>Any chance of a switch to disable this new feature?  I use the terminal
>window title to keep track of which window belongs to which system.
>Having half-a-dozen of them all saying "portmaster: foo-n.n"

I use the xterm title line - in my case I use zsh chpwd() to make it
show user at system:cwd - if something damages the title, I can just
'cd $PWD' to recover.

That said, it would be handy if portmaster supported a couple of
environment variables that could be prepended or appended to the
title that portmaster sets.

> (and not
>changing back to what they were) kind of spoils things for me :-)

This is possible ("CSI 2 1 t" should report the current title) but
actually reading the returned "OSC L label ST" could be painful from
sh(1) (and I can't quickly get it to work).

>Thanks again for all of your work on this tool.

Likewise.

--
Peter Jeremy