Current status of www/cherokee

Francisco de Borja López Río borja at pexego.es
Mon Jan 25 18:04:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:58:18 -0600
Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> 010/1/25 Francisco de Borja López Río <borja at pexego.es>:
> >
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I've been trying to use Cherokee in one of my projects, but seems there
> > are some issues with cherokee in FreeBSD
> > (http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=617)
> >
> > Is there anyone using cherokee, or is it broken in FreeBSD?
> >
> > If it is broken, shouldn't we mark it as broken?
> >
> > The port builds and installs correctly, but as soon as I've tried to
> > start it, I got:
> >
> > # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cherokee start
> > Starting cherokee.
> > Could not create semaphore: Function not implemented
> > (warning) Couldn't initialize spawn mechanism.
>
> Do you have POSIX semaphores compiled into your kernel or loaded from
> the kernel module (sem.ko) ?

I'm using the PAE 8-STABLE kernel:

FreeBSD pub.pxgo.es 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #4: Fri Nov 27
18:59:07 CET 2009     root at comadreja.pxgo.es:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PAE
i386

I found this options in the the GENERIC kernel config file:

options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES     # POSIX-style semaphores

that were not removed in the PAE config file.

Could it be something related to the port being built within a Jail?

> > pub# [25/01/2010 11:06:45.670] (error) logger_writer.c:181 - Logger writer (file): Could not read the filename.
> > Couldn't read the config file: /usr/local/etc/cherokee/cherokee.conf
> >
> Does the cherokee.conf file exist?

Yes, the config file exists:

pub# ls -l /usr/local/etc/cherokee/cherokee.conf
-r--r--r--  1 www  wheel  14058 Jan 25
10:12 /usr/local/etc/cherokee/cherokee.conf
pub#

(I even change the owner to www in the first place, just in case)

--

"Do nothing which is of no use." - Miyamoto Musashi