Porting question

Ulrich Spörlein uqs at spoerlein.net
Mon Jan 25 17:18:16 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25.01.2010 at 10:54:01 -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> I've asked portmgr before, but still haven't found a decent way to do what I
> want, so let me post this publicly.
>
> I want to make the sysutils/lsof port fail early with a decent message if
> the kernel sources aren't loaded on the system.
>
> The most common question/problem report I get is when the lsof configure
> script fails due to a lack of the system sources.
>
> Ideas on how to do this cleanly in the port Makefile?

from sysutils/fusefs-kmod:

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.if !exists(${SRC_BASE}/sys/Makefile)
IGNORE=         requires the Kernel source to be installed. Set SRC_BASE if it is not in /usr/src
.endif
.if !exists(${SRC_BASE}/sbin/mount)
IGNORE=         requires the userland sources to be installed. Set SRC_BASE if it is not in /usr/src
.endif

Me, I would not test for the Makefile, but one of the actually required headers.

Regards,
Uli