How to upgrade perl 5.8 to 5.10?

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Wed Jan 20 13:59:05 UTC 2010

Michal Varga wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Helmut Schneider <jumper99 at gmx.de>
> wrote:
> > [...]
> > Currently the only solution seems to remove perl.5.8 which as a
> > result deletes all dependencies which requires all ports to be
> > reinstalled.
> >

> No way, only if you decide to deinstall everything recursively. What
> about:
>
> # pkg_deinstall -vfu perl-threaded-5.8.9_3
> # portinstall -v lang/perl5.10
> # portupgrade -vfu p5\*

# pkg_info -R perl-threaded-5.8.9_3 | grep -v ^p5
Information for perl-threaded-5.8.9_3:

Required by:
amavisd-new-2.6.4_4,1
apache-2.2.14_5
bsdpan-SNMP-Extension-PassPersist-0.03
gamin-0.1.10_3
gio-fam-backend-2.22.4
glib-2.22.4
mailgraph-1.14_2
nagios-plugins-1.4.14,1
net-snmp-5.4.2.1_6
pango-1.26.2
razor-agents-2.84
rpm2cpio-1.2_2
rrdtool-1.3.9
#

> (Also, cross-checking with /usr/local/bin/perl-after-upgrade helps
> with some other specific cases).

I did so when I upgraded from 5.8.8 to 5.8.9. I finally found myself
doing a portupgrade -af. :)

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn