Call for testers - mplayer svn port

Stefan Ehmann shoesoft at gmx.net
Sat Jan 9 21:34:17 UTC 2010

On Saturday 09 January 2010 21:55:21 Yuri Pankov wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 12:19:51PM +0100, Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Noted, thanks. I have overlooked that one. I'll include it with the
> > > next iteration in a few days.
> >
> > Meanwhile, I tried getting it to work myself. If I move the vdpau-headers
> > from /usr/local/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0 (installed by x11/nvidia-driver)
> > to /usr/local/include/vdpau, mplayer is compiled with vdpau support.
>
> Thanks for the hint, makes a difference here. Should we ask maintainer
> of nvidia-driver to install those headers with the port?
(CCed the nvidia-driver maintainer)
I think modifying the nvidia-driver port to install the header files into a
different location would be preferable. But I haven't really looked at the
port, maybe there's a reason for them to be in doc.

> > It's working nicely. Having to specify -vc manually is cumbersome, but
> > that's not related to the port :)
>
> I guess you mean -vo here. You could specify it in ~/.mplayer/config, BTW.
Unfortunately, no. In order to get hardware acceleration, you also need to
specify -vc depending on the type of video. From the man page:

vdpau (with −vc ffmpeg12vdpau, ffwmv3vdpau, ffvc1vdpau or ffh264vdpau)