looking for port to clone that pulls code from git repo

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 4 21:42:34 UTC 2010

Steve Franks wrote:
> I've got a project to port that doesn't do releases, just puts out the
> git.  I know we've got alot of ports that pull strait from cvs or svn,

No, we don't. We've got some ports that create tarballs from
known-good checkpoints in 3rd party svn repos, and then build the port
around those tarballs. This is what you should do in your case.

hth,

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso