portmaster usage for a list of ports

Michael Reifenberger mike at reifenberger.com
Sat Feb 27 10:27:39 UTC 2010

Hi,
for compiling a list of ports inside a emulated FreeBSD-current environment
I would need to use portmaster as:

cat ./myports.txt | xargs portmaster -r -R -G -g -d -m "WITHOUT_GSSAPI=YES"
(myports.txt contains a list of to be installed/updated ports)

Unfortunately this doesn't work (specifying -m "BATCH=yes" doesn't help too).

When it comes to `make config` I can't input anything.

Could you imagine any workaround / solution for this problem.

What I'm trying to accomplish is the following:
- Create an empty (ports wise) nanobsd image
- run the image inside quemu (the emulated device is way faster than the
   original HW)
- For a fixed list of ports create/update their packages (and the packages of
   all dependent ports) inside the quemu environment
- Later on use the packages to install them during the nanobsd image build
   process.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bye/2
---