Audacious2 few issues

varga.michal at gmail.com varga.michal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:42:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Steve Polyack <korvus at comcast.net> wrote:
> It does indeed help, but when using software volume control there is a 1-2
> second lag between moving the slider and the volume actually changing.  I
> guess at leas the volume does not reset upon changing songs.

Yes, this is too one of the issues that -crossfade output never had
while running with software mixer (I personally hate my apps messing
with my global volume levels as they have no "right" to do that -
software volume is a must in my world).

Anyway - you can try setting the buffer sizes to any min. allowed
values (100-200ms?) in both main app and your output plugin, it should
minimize the lag to only 'slightly' annoying. As you say - it's better
than the other way around.

m.