Audacious2 few issues

varga.michal at gmail.com varga.michal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:42:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Steve Polyack <korvus at comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't have any of the issues you list, but beginning with Audacious 2.2 I
> have seen a few others:
> * The volume resets to 50% every time the song changes

Doesn't "Preferences > Use software volume control" help with that? It
used to work even better with audio/audacious-crossfade as output,
well at least until they added the mentioned option directly to the
main app, since then software mixing with crossfade clashes horribly
with it (among other things, though this is still pretty minor in
comparison with the rest of the issues).

Anyway - Audacious 2.2 is quite a disappointment, seems that every new
release breaks more things than it fixes, and it's starting to become
a routine.

m.